Anorak

Anorak | Gas Leak

Gas Leak

by | 12th, June 2003

‘TRAGEDY almost struck on board a Norwegian air ambulance, when the crew ignored the smell of a fire because they thought it was just the patients farting.

The cabbage-like smell turned out to be a blaze near the front window of the aircraft, caused by burning wire insulation.

”Everyone who has flown knows that gases arise that need to slip out. It isn’t unusual that this happens to our patients,” said ambulance chief Geir-Arne Soerensen of Air Transport.

The co-pilot eventually managed to bring the plane down, where an emergency evacuation took place.’



Posted: 12th, June 2003 | In: Strange But True Comment | TrackBack | Permalink