Anorak

Anorak | Indian marching bands fight constipation: The Top 10 Toilet Songs

Indian marching bands fight constipation: The Top 10 Toilet Songs

by | 6th, November 2012

FORGET the newspaper or a favoured magazine. What evert good trip to the toilet needs is theme tune. To India, then, musicians carrying drums and whistles are volunteering to play whilst you poop.

In Rajasthan, 34 villages in Jhunjhunu district feature the Cistern Choir. Whenever the ensmeble see anbyone pooing or weeing in public they will “shout, beat drums or blow a whistle”.

Very soon, constipation will be thing of the past in go-ahead India (not that it’s been so much of problem _ see Anorak tour of ’88.)

Ramniwas Ja, of Jhunjhunu district council, says:

 “Nearly 80% [of] villagers in the district have toilets at home and we’re trying to motivate the remaining 20% to build toilets at home. We are also giving financial assistance of 9,100 rupees [$166; £104] to people who wish to construct a toilet. We want people to not defecate in the open.”

This will be achieved by musical accompaniment and yells of “C’mon. You can do it!”

The Top 10 Songs to go to the toilet by:

The Dambusters theme tune
Going Underground – The Jam
Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow – Frank Zappa
Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
At Last – Etta James
That Smell – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Wipe Out – The Fat Boys
Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash
Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival
Constipation Blues – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins



Posted: 6th, November 2012 | In: Strange But True Comment (1) | Follow the Comments on our RSS feed: RSS 2.0 | TrackBack | Permalink