Woman Changes Name To Sexy Crabtree
RANEA Crabtree of Pataskala, Ohio, is a keen follower of nominative determinism, the idea that your surname can shape your destiny.
Ranea is not her actual first name. It’s not the one her parents gave her. They called her Sheila. She says: “I absolutely hate it. I think it’s really ugly.”
You can’t chose your parents, but you can choose your name. So. She uses her middle name. Sheila became Ranea.
And now Ranea wants to be called…Sexy. She explains: “I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time.”
Why not Victoria Crabtree, then? Or Secret Crabtree? Why not add an ‘e’ to Crabtreee to give an extra elevation? People can be snobby about their names. A look at the meaning of Crabtree tells us more.
The site CrabTreeFamily History offers:
CRABTREE was first used as a surname in the late 14th century in the West Riding of Yorkshire, and the man who assumed it was John de Crabtre, a resident of Sowerbyshire.
Oh, one of the ancient Ridings Crabtrees? But we get another version on a site specialising in names:
This interesting surname is of Anglo Saxon origin, and is topographical for one who dwelled by a wild apple tree.
The Urban Dictionary says:
1. inordinate over-fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one’s feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.
3. Slang. a contemptibly naive, fatuous, foolish, or inconsequential person.
4. Psychoanalysis. delusional gratification derived from over-admiration of one’s own imagined superior physical abilities, usually this solipsistic self-absorption syndrome is outgrown after adolescence, in rare cases will continue into adulthood.
1. fool, half-wit; imbecile; dolt, dunce, numskull, solipsist, egomaniac, diva, narcissist.
Sheila could well move on Crabtree once Sheila has been killed off.
She adds: “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.’”
Having filled out forms and paid a court fee, Sheila will go before the Beak to plead her case. If Sexy isn’t approved Crabtree says she may opt for Sparkle.
What was the first one again..?