Anorak

Anorak | Manchester Smoker ‘Blown Up’ In Hospital: Tobacco Safer Than Digital Ciggies

Manchester Smoker ‘Blown Up’ In Hospital: Tobacco Safer Than Digital Ciggies

by | 14th, April 2014

PAUL KEAVENY has news of Jean Booth, known to tabloid readers as “e-cigarette grandma Jean Booth”.

 Screen shot 2014 04 14 at 08.36.41 Manchester Smoker Blown Up In Hospital: Tobacco Safer Than Digital Ciggies

 

“Heavy-smoker” Jean was in Manchester’s Wythenshawe Hospital for a hip operation when the oxygen supply she was using to ease her breathing caught fire. He head and face were badly burnt. She is “fighting for life”.

Terrible. Did the e-Gigs ‘blow her up’?

Further down the story we get facts:

“…an investigation tried to discover whether an e-cigarette found near her was responsible for the blaze.”

A relative adds:

“Now Jean is a smoker, don’t get me wrong. She’s been in and out of hospital for the past two years but she has never ever attempted to light a cigarette in there. She has never done that.”

Smoking tobacco is terrible for your health, but it’s better than being blown up.

 

PA 7811606 1 Manchester Smoker Blown Up In Hospital: Tobacco Safer Than Digital Ciggies

Nurse Nancy Lennox smilingly lights a cigarette for James Blair as he lies in bed today (Sunday) at Bangor Hospital, County Down, Northern Ireland, after being rescued from the disaster to the British Transport Commission’s MV Princess Victoria (2,694 tons).
The ship foundered in a severe gale five miles off the County Down coast with the loss of over 130 lives. There were about 170 persons aboard.



Posted: 14th, April 2014 | In: News Comment | Follow the Comments on our RSS feed: RSS 2.0 | TrackBack | Permalink