Transfer Balls: Manchester City Take Vow Of Silence On Fabregas Move
TRANSFER Balls update: The Daily Fabregas has news on the Barcelona star:
On June 1, the Daily Telegraph told readers:
Spain international will be allowed leave the Nou Camp with Manchester City now clear favourites to land the midfielder
The Star announced:
EXCLUSIVE: Manchester City set to bid for Manchester United target Cesc Fabregas
The Sun told us:
Champs City see him as a possible replacement for the unsettled Yaya Toure if their Player of the Year continues to make waves at the Etihad.
And then… with not a single word from the player, his agent or City, the Sun today produces a ‘no news’ exclusive!
MANCHESTER CITY have ruled out a move for Cesc Fabregas.
Did they make a statement ruling it out? No.
The Premier League champions had been linked with a move for the Barcelona star who looks to be on his way out of the Nou Camp this summer.
Yes… Linked in the Press.
But SunSport understands that City have no interest in Fabregas and have made no contact to either Barcelona or the players’ representatives.
Number of quotes in the Sun’s shocker? None. Number of sources and insiders cited? None.
But because this is Transfer Balls, the Sun must mention at least one other top club in its nonsense. So. We get told:
…he is still expected to exit his boyhood club in the coming months with Liverpool and Manchester United potential suitors.
You can read the story of Fabregas’ summer so far here.