Dundee woman upset after visitor snorted ashes of her dead mother she’d been saving for a necklace
“I was shocked and disgusted. We had all been drinking and she just seemed to think it was fun and was showing off about it. This is the lowest of the low.” So says a visitor to Jacqui Tierney’s house in Dundee. A fellow guest has snorted Jacqui’s dead mother’s ashes.
“It’s worse than jumping on somebody’s grave,” they add. “It’s so disrespectful to the memory of someone’s mum and gran and I can’t believe it happened.”
How could someone do something like this?” wonders Jacqui. “It is beyond belief that this happened in my own home. Seemingly, she just took the ashes from the top of my unit and started snorting them
“My friend witnessed the whole thing and decided I should be told. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. What would make someone do something like that? My mum meant the world to me and apart from anything else, how could someone do something so disrespectful?”
“I decided to challenge this person about what they had done but she ran away out of my house and I haven’t seen her since. She has tried to contact me by phone but I am still too angry to take her call. I don’t know what I would say to her but I know she will never set foot in this house again.
“After mum was cremated I scattered some of her ashes in a favourite spot but kept a small amount back to make into jewellery. I thought it would be nice to put some of her ashes into a ring or necklace but now there is nothing left now for me to do that with.”