Anorak

Anorak | Jimmy Savile: BBC pays compensation to children’s home boy abused on BBC TV show

Jimmy Savile: BBC pays compensation to children’s home boy abused on BBC TV show

by | 20th, September 2015

4th February 1965:  Disc-jockey, Jimmy Savile lights his breakfast cigar in the Bloomsbury hotel room which he has made his home.  (Photo by Chris Ware/Keystone Features/Getty Images)

4th February 1965: Disc-jockey, Jimmy Savile lights his breakfast cigar in the Bloomsbury hotel room which he has made his home. (Photo by Chris Ware/Keystone Features/Getty Images)

 

Jimmy Savile makes a return to the news, featuring in the Daily Express story: “Jim’ll fix it victim paid by BBC: ‘I ran away but BBC security team took me back’.”

The BBC, of course, attempted to squash its own investigation into Sir Jimmy’s alleged crimes, but did dear old Aunty really delivers victims for the depraved DJ to abuse?

THE BBC has paid £15,000 to a fan of Jimmy Savile who was molested in Television Centre as a teenager after writing in to Jim’ll Fix It. Savile paid for the young fan to travel to London only to hand him over to another abuser. It is understood to be the first BBC settlement to be made public following the Savile scandal.

Now aged 54, the victim tells all. It was 1977 when he wrote to Savile:

“When I arrived I was shown to his room at Television Centre and met him and there were other small children present… I ran out and tried to get help and asked the security men at reception to help but an assistant of Savile’s turned up and took me back to his room with security. I had been so used to being sexually abused I knew what was to come. A man in his 40s or early 50s joined us, sat behind me and said he would be taking care of me.”

The man says Savile was “sexually aroused” with small girl on his lap. Then someone named Brian came in and took him away.

“At this house (the club) Brian abused me and a much smaller boy aged between seven and nine who looked very poorly and thin and was also being abused by a very obese man… [Next morning] Savile came in, and took the other boy away and said I should hurry up to have breakfast. I had breakfast and Savile made me a lunch box.”

The teenager was was taken to Victoria Station and given £5.

He later returned to the children’s home in Northern Ireland, which has itself been the subject of a public inquiry into abuse.

That’s interesting. Kincora?

Says Robert:

“The BBC initially said that Savile was not known as a groomer and that was given as a reason for refusing the claim. Then they said my being abused by his friend was not something they could or would consider. I believe there are many cases where the BBC has refused claims because Savile was just the arranger for abuse by others and the BBC does not believe it is responsible.

“I believe this is a scandal because clearly Savile via the BBC brought me over to be abused by someone else.”

But what about the children’s home? The Express offers nothing.

Over in the Mirror, we get more:

NHS pays Jimmy Savile victims a paltry £10,000 – while half have yet to receive a penny

Is £10k fair?

Monster Jimmy Savile’s victims have received average payouts of just £10,000 from the NHS. Yet more than a half of those abused by the vile pervert in NHS facilities across the UK still have not seen a penny.

The Sunday People , using freedom of information rules, found just 27 of the NHS cases have been settled and £262,250 paid out. But, as of June 30, there were still 40 outstanding damages claims.

The Mirror then makes a leap:

The paltry £10,000 payments are in stark contrast to the £35million in pay rises given to NHS bosses last year. Nearly 1,000 health chiefs were recently revealed to have earned as much as £100,000 last year, including large pension contributions. About 50 hospital bosses got more than £400,000 last year alone.

So what?

So this. Over to Simon Danczuk MP and media hound:

“This is not acceptable that they are not being dealt with fairly at a time when senior ­managers at the NHS are receiving bumper pay rises. They were responsible for Savile being allowed to wander free and abuse the vulnerable. They should be giving them proper payments not derisory ones.”

Were they responsible? Is everyone in the NHS to blame? That seems absurd.

Slater and Gordon lawyer Liz Dux, who has “led the campaign for the Savile victims”, is also keen to have her voice heard:

“The reality is that the NHS were very, very slow to get started. The victims were getting very frustrated and we have had to push them. There were delays but generally the cases have been accepted. Things have got better. The amounts were agreed as part of the scheme set out by the High Court. They are the same as those made to victims linked to the BBC and Savile’s ­estate.”

Doesn’t each case have to be proven?



Posted: 20th, September 2015 | In: Celebrities, News Comment | Follow the Comments on our RSS feed: RSS 2.0 | TrackBack | Permalink