X-ray of foot-long metal tongs man ate for a bet
Meet Bhanvra Meghwal, 28. He’s ben sliced open at a hospital in Deesa town, India. Medics are removing a pair of foot-long tongs Meghwal says he swalloed ‘for a bet’.
“When we did his X-ray, we were shocked to see the tool inside his chest,” says Dr Thakkar. “We have to cut open his chest and esophagus (feeding tube) to remove the tool, which was around one-foot-long. We have also repaired the damage it caused to some of his body parts during operation. The patient is now conscious and doing fine without a ventilator.”
Big tongs. But you should see the size of the slice of lemon he chucked down first.