Anorak

Posts Tagged ‘e-cigarettes’

WHO Wants To Ban The Thing That Makes Smokers Quit Tobacco: E-Cigarettes

THAT’S the message from a bunch of wowsing “public health” advocates. That we must immediately make sure that tobacco companies don’t continue moving into the e-cigarette market. Because, you know, umm, it’s bad. No one really manages to say why people getting their nicotine in a manner that doesn’t kill them is bad but it is bad. Trust them.

All of which is very odd indeed really. For e-cigarettes are the one thing that really works in people trying to give up smoking.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: 29th, June 2014 | In: Money, Reviews, The Consumer | Comments (8)


London Woman Suffers ‘Smoke Inhalation’ When e-Cigarette Explodes

PA-19113305

 

E-CIGARETTES not only make you look like a pillock and a wimp, but they are no good for you.

 

In Barking, East London, fire broken out in a ground-floor flat when someone charged their e-fag with the wrong charger. The Barking & Dagenham Post, reports:

A woman suffered smoke inhalation and shock after being rescued from the flat by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.

Earlier, we told you about Jean Booth, who suffered burns to her face and scalp when using an e-cigarette. The Sun now reports that ” Jean is believed to have been trying to light the device as if it was a real ciggie”.

Such are the facts…

Posted: 16th, April 2014 | In: Reviews | Comment


Manchester Smoker ‘Blown Up’ In Hospital: Tobacco Safer Than Digital Ciggies

PAUL KEAVENY has news of Jean Booth, known to tabloid readers as “e-cigarette grandma Jean Booth”.

 Screen shot 2014-04-14 at 08.36.41

 

“Heavy-smoker” Jean was in Manchester’s Wythenshawe Hospital for a hip operation when the oxygen supply she was using to ease her breathing caught fire. He head and face were badly burnt. She is “fighting for life”.

Terrible. Did the e-Gigs ‘blow her up’?

Further down the story we get facts:

“…an investigation tried to discover whether an e-cigarette found near her was responsible for the blaze.”

A relative adds:

“Now Jean is a smoker, don’t get me wrong. She’s been in and out of hospital for the past two years but she has never ever attempted to light a cigarette in there. She has never done that.”

Smoking tobacco is terrible for your health, but it’s better than being blown up.

 

Nurse Nancy Lennox smilingly lights a cigarette for James Blair as he lies in bed today (Sunday) at Bangor Hospital, County Down, Northern Ireland, after being rescued from the disaster to the British Transport Commission's MV Princess Victoria (2,694 tons). The ship foundered in a severe gale five miles off the County Down coast with the loss of over 130 lives. There were about 170 persons aboard.

Nurse Nancy Lennox smilingly lights a cigarette for James Blair as he lies in bed today (Sunday) at Bangor Hospital, County Down, Northern Ireland, after being rescued from the disaster to the British Transport Commission’s MV Princess Victoria (2,694 tons).
The ship foundered in a severe gale five miles off the County Down coast with the loss of over 130 lives. There were about 170 persons aboard.

Posted: 14th, April 2014 | In: Reviews | Comment