Anorak

Hampshire Man Tidying Garden Fails To Spot His Home On Fire | Anorak

Posts Tagged ‘Hampshire Man Tidying Garden Fails To Spot His Home On Fire’

Hampshire Man Tidying Garden Fails To Spot His Home On Fire

JOHN Stopher was working on his garden when the fire took hold of his house in Barton-on-Sea, Hampshire. As he tied the greenery, he failed to notice that his £525,000 four-bedroom detached house was on fire.

Says he:

“I didn’t hear the fire as I had the strimmer on or smell it because the wind was in the wrong direction.

“When my neighbour shouted over the fence, ‘Your house is on fire’, I looked and saw flames out of the window. I poked open a door and smoke singed my hair. I made a rapid exit. We lost nearly everything.”

But the strimmer is ok.

Spotter

Posted: 12th, May 2010 | In: Strange But True | Comment