Anorak News | Man Dislocates Jaw By Yawning

Man Dislocates Jaw By Yawning

by | 19th, November 2007

“HORSHAM, England, Nov. 19 A British man was rushed to the hospital after his monster yawn locked his jaw, blocking his ability to breathe or swallow.”


Ben Shire, 34, was making a cup of tea to keep awake when he yawned, dislocating his jaw. He fell to the floor, unable to breathe or swallow, the Daily Telegraph reported. As he was choking on his own spit, Shire’s wife called emergency services, which was able to resuscitate him by suctioning.

“We can laugh about it now, but it wasn’t funny at the time,” Shire, from Horsham, said. “I couldn’t breathe because I was choking — it felt like two fingers down my throat. The more I panicked, the more I struggled for breath.”

Best not to watch I’m A Celebrity for a while – just to be on the safe side

Posted: 19th, November 2007 | In: Reviews Comment | TrackBack | Permalink