Anorak News | Man Stuck Up Chimney

Man Stuck Up Chimney

by | 29th, December 2007

WHEN Santa got stuck up the chimney: “Police said Friday they were waiting to question a man who had to be rescued by firefighters after he got stuck in the chimney of an Australian outback pub.

“Officers believe the man — too late to be making a Christmas delivery — may have been an incompetent burglar who got wedged into the tight spot as he tried to break into the premises.

“Firefighters took about 90 minutes to free him from the chimney of the Gapview Hotel bar in Alice Springs after staff heard his moans early Friday morning. He is thought to have been stuck for more than 10 hours.

“Alice Springs fire station officer Mark James said the rescue was ‘unusual”.

Posted: 29th, December 2007 | In: Reviews Comment | TrackBack | Permalink