Anorak News | Manchester Woman Gets Thumb Stuck In Bowling Ball

Manchester Woman Gets Thumb Stuck In Bowling Ball

by | 20th, April 2010

CHERIE Beekman has got her fingers trapped in bowling ball. At the tenpin bowling alley, at Parrs Wood, in Didsbury, Manchester local Cherie Beekman is in trouble. She wants to return the green ball but cannot. Her right thumb and the ball are one.

Beekman is taken to Wythenshawe fire station. The 33-year-old is met by a team of firefighters. They use an electric saw, a hacksaw and a chisel to cut the ball off. It takes them over two hours.

Says Cherie:

“It was really funny at first. At no point did I think ‘ this is going to end badly’.

“But then I started to get a bit panicky and I couldn’t breath properly because I was worrying.

“A colleague drove me to the fire station. No one knew what the ball was made of so they were on Google and had the manufacturer on the phone trying to help us.

“I’m not big on knives so I got pretty teary when they brought the saws out, especially as I didn’t know which way my thumb was stuck inside the ball.”

The ball has been removed. The thumb is sore. The dangers of sticking things in holes is clear…

Spotter, via Bat E Bird

Posted: 20th, April 2010 | In: Strange But True Comment | TrackBack | Permalink