Anorak News | Boy has live fish removed from lung

Boy has live fish removed from lung

by | 30th, May 2012

ANIL Barela, 12, of Khargone district, Indina, was playing with friends when he swallowed a live fish.

The Times of India say the tasty treat was “routine”. What was less usual was for the fish to slide into Anil’s windpipe and on into his left lung.

Anil began to feel unwell. He was raced to hospital.

Dr Pramod Jhawar explains:

“X-ray displayed the left lung completely opaque due to the presence of a foreign object. The fish was live and taking its last breath when the bronchoscopy was done, restricting the functioning of both the longs resulting in low intake of oxygen. It is the first case of this sort that we have come across in 20 years time.”

The idea of the fish being on its last legs is intriguing. It’s a bit like E.T., the film where the young lad’s health is linked to the alien’s condition. When the alien gets ill, the boy gets ill. We’d like to think that Anil and his pet fish are now best pals – the fish safe in a tank balanced on the handlebars of Anil’s bicycle as the intrepid duo zoom about the place getting into scapres and cracking crime.

YouTube link.

Posted: 30th, May 2012 | In: Strange But True Comment | TrackBack | Permalink