Anorak

Anorak | Hull Man Sues For Accident That Saw Pressurised Hose Got Up His Anus

Hull Man Sues For Accident That Saw Pressurised Hose Got Up His Anus

by | 25th, August 2011

GARETH Durrant, 26, inflated when a compressed air hose went up his bum.

The air pressure was 300lbs per square inch

He’s at Hull County Court suing Willerby Holiday Homes for compensation.

Mr Durrant was working on the production line, where pressurised air lines hang from the ceiling waiting to be connected to power tools. He was dressed in shorts. And one of the lines went into his bottom.

Says he:

“I was reaching up to finish the wiring on a caravan at the factory. I knew this air hose was being used close behind me but I just carried on the job as normal. The next thing I knew I felt this strong air being blown on my legs from behind, and then something went up my rectum through the shorts I was wearing. It felt like I had been blown up, it was the biggest shock of my life. There was air fizzing around inside my back passage and stomach, it was so weird.

“At that time I didn’t feel much pain, but the doctors later explained that was the adrenaline of the moment. Then it kicked in and I just can’t put in to words how painful it was. I lay down, they rang for an ambulance and I was taken to hospital.”

It was nasty. He had suffered a six-inch tear in his bowel, damage to his intestines. He sys he is suffering from pain, cramp, depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

“I want people to be aware of the risks. I don’t want this to happen to anybody else. It’s changed my life totally, I used to be so active and healthy and enjoyed playing rugby. But for the last year I’ve just been stuck at home, it’s so frustrating.”

The case continues.



Posted: 25th, August 2011 | In: Strange But True Comments (2) | Follow the Comments on our RSS feed: RSS 2.0 | TrackBack | Permalink