Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli’s Home Catches Fire: The Fireberk Is A Flare Player
Dominik Lemanski reports:
BARMY Manchester City star Mario Balotelli’s £1.3million mansion was ravaged by a blaze yesterday after fireworks were set off in the bathroom.
According to reports the madcap Italian and a group of friends were playing with powerful pyrotechnics inside his rented £7,500-a-month country pad. The fire, which destroyed the first floor of the Cheshire mansion, began when a towel was set alight by an industrial firework let off from a bathroom window.
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service tells us:
“Just after midnight we were called to reports of a house fire in Mottram St Andrew, Macclesfield. Two fire engines from Macclesfield went to the scene and on arrival they found a fire in a bathroom on the first floor of the detached property. Crews managed to put the fire out within half an hour of arriving. Smoke alarms were fitted at the property and the occupiers were able to get out unharmed. The fire was caused by a firework.”
Insert jokes about his being “flare player” liberally…