Anorak

Anorak | F1 teams told to forget Bahrain Grand Prix

F1 teams told to forget Bahrain Grand Prix

by | 9th, April 2012

IS Formula One set to pull out of the Bahrain Grand Prix? Is F1, that bastion of power and global warming enthusiasm the circus that keeps Tamara Ecclestone in bags  to be the world’s moral barometer?

The Times says that backstage staff on the F1 Tour engineers, mechanics and catering staff have been given two sets of return flight tickets from the grand prix in Shanghai, China, next Sunday: one for Bahrain (scene of the scheduled next Grand Prix) and the other for Europe (home to eight F1 teams).

Last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix was cancelled amid security concerns. This season’s race looks likely to follow suit.

Ann Clwyd MP, who sits on the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, goes on the record:

“People have to show their condemnation of what is going in on Bahrain by staying away.”

The Foreign

You have already read 1 premium article for free today
Access immediately the premium content with Multipass

Or come back tomorrow



Posted: 9th, April 2012 | In: Sports Comment | Follow the Comments on our RSS feed: RSS 2.0 | TrackBack | Permalink