Anorak News | Tanked


by | 6th, September 2002

‘NAKED flames and petrol do not mix. It’s a lesson learned early by most motorists, but seems to have slipped the mind of one man in Slovakia.

The 30-year-old, who has not been named, says his fuel gauge had broken, so he pulled into a petrol station to see if there was any fuel left in the tank.

When he could not see into the tank, he used a cigarette lighter to illuminate it. Apparently there was still fuel in the tank – it ignited, and then the car blew up.

The blast demolished most of the petrol station in the town of Horna Streda, and two people were hospitalised.

The man escaped with burns, but has been charged with endangering public safety. ‘

Posted: 6th, September 2002 | In: Tabloids Comment | TrackBack | Permalink