Anorak

'Britain's First Mephedrone Death' Is Not So: Lancashire Girl Killed By Toxic Blend | Anorak

Posts Tagged ‘‘Britain’s First Mephedrone Death’ Is Not So: Lancashire Girl Killed By Toxic Blend’

‘Britain’s First Mephedrone Death’ Is Not So: Lancashire Girl Killed By Toxic Blend

REBECCA Cardwell, 19, is the country’s first person to die from mephedrone – aka ‘bubble’ and ‘meow meow’ – and now an illegal Class B drug. Well, so the story goes.

She took a wrap of the drugs at a house in Colne, Lancashire.

She had paid £5 of the £25 for the drugs, which had been adulterated with small amount of two other party drugs and amphetamines.

Laura Main RIP: Abused By Meow Meow And The Tabloids

Three days later Miss Cardwell was dead. It’s a tragic story. But the question should be: what killed her? Mephedrone was linked to deaths in the tabloids when it was a legal drug. But it never killed anyone. It was made illegal with great haste by an outgoing Labour Government keen to look tough. Now someone has died. And the story goes that it was the headline-making drug that caused the fatality.

The Lancashire Telegraph is adamant:

AN East Lancashire teenager has been confirmed as the country’s first official victim of the newly-illegal party drug Mephedrone.

The title of the article is:

‘Plant food’ party drug mephedrone killed Colne teenager

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: 13th, October 2010 | In: Reviews | Comment